One of my favorite flavors lately is pretty much anything with sweet chili. When I was asked to try and create a fun stuffed burger with the Good Cook Burger Stuffer, it didn’t take long for my husband and I to come up with this Sweet Chili & Avocado Stuffed Chicken Burger recipe! We took all of the yummy flavors that go so great with sweet chili and chicken and packed them into this flavor-filled burger! There’s a big, juicy slice of grilled pineapple on the bottom, followed by the chicken patty stuffed with avocado and sweet chili, and then topped off with some cilantro slaw and an onion bun. Let me tell you – I could eat this burger every day!
Using the Good Cook Burger Stuffer was so simple! We took our ground chicken mixture and filled the bottom of the Burger Stuffer with it. There were measuring lines so you can choose how big you want your burger. Then, flip the press over and use the smaller side to press in a nook to put your stuffing inside. Lastly, top it off with more of your ground meat mixture and press it all together. You can then remove your finished stuffed patty, ready for grilling! See – so easy!
I also have to mention how much I just LOVE the Good Cook Cast Iron Grill! I was able to grill up my pineapple and my burger without having to go outside to use the charcoal grill. That means, I can even whip up this burger in the middle of a winter storm and not have to worry about losing that great grilled flavor!
I recommend using chicken thighs for this recipe. As well as being more flavorful, thighs make better burger patties due to the higher fat content. We ground our own from boneless, skinless thighs. If you don’t have a meat grinder, take a 2lb package from the grocery or meat market case, and ask the butcher to grind it for you. It’s worth it to avoid dry chicken burgers.
The complete recipe is listed below. Make sure to print it out and have it ready so you can give it a try the next time you are craving a good burger!
Sweet Chili and Avocado Stuffed Chicken Burger Recipe
- For the slaw:
- 1½ cups angel hair slaw
- Juice of 1 lime
- Agave nectar or light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- For the burgers:
- 2½lbs ground chicken
- Franks brand sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 6 rolls
- 1 pineapple
- To make the slaw, combine the angel hair slaw, cilantro, ½ of the lime juice and 2 teaspoons of nectar or sugar. Taste. Add more lime and/or sweetener to taste. Refrigerate.
- Cut the rind off the pineapple, and slice into ¼ inch slices. Grill over medium-high for 3 minutes each side. Set aside.
- Finely dice the avocados, and set aside. Season the chicken with adobo, ancho, and cayenne. Press about 3 oz of the chicken into the burger stuffer. Indent the center, and fill with the diced avocado. Spoon 1-2 teaspoons of chili sauce over the avocado. Press 3oz chicken on top, and use the press to make the patty. Repeat 4-5 more times.
- Grill 2-3 patties at a time and refrigerate the remaining patties. Grill over medium heat for 6-8 minutes per side, or until he internal temp is 170F.
- Place a grilled pineapple slice on the bottom half of the roll, and slide the burger on top of the pineapple. Spoon some slaw on the burger and over with the top bun. Enjoy.