It’s summer time – and even though the kids aren’t in school for the next couple of months, that doesn’t mean that they are just sitting around the house! My 14 year old and her friends seem to have a pretty busy schedule now that school is out! Every day seems to be filled with something or other! During all the hustle and bustle, we have to keep their bellies full, whether it be a quick chicken snack or a full-blown meal. So when Wednesday night rolls around and Brianna and her cousins Jacob and Holden have to eat an early dinner so they can hurry off to Oneighty at our church for the evening with their friends, I need something fast and good for them to eat so they can have the energy they need to enjoy their night! A quick chicken dinner was definitely in order!
The teens ate them up, and it kept them satisfied through the night! I’m not going to try to pretend like I didn’t eat a couple myself too. I love the crunchy texture added to the quesadilla, it really is a unique twist on an old favorite! Since these were so easy to prepare, we’ll definitely be having them more often! Anytime can be #chickenfrytime with these Tyson Homestyle Chicken Fries! Check out the recipe below and give these a try for your busy teen this summer and then be sure to check out my Google Plus album filled with pictures I took during my shopping adventure for this recipe!
Summer Recipe for Busy Teens: Crunchy Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 6 Tortilla Wraps
- 20 Tyson Homestyle Chicken Fries
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 16 oz. Grated Cheese (Taco Variety)
- Cook the Tyson Homestyle Chicken Fries according to package directions.
- While they are cooking, julienne the peppers and half-moon cut the tomatoes.
- Lay 3 tortilla wraps out on baking sheet
- Divide 8 oz. of shredded cheese between the 3 tortillas and layer evenly with the cheese
- When the chicken fries are finished baking (leave the oven on at 400 degrees), alternate placing chicken fries, bell peppers, and tomatoes around the tortillas
- Divide the remaining 8 oz. of grated cheese and layer it evenly on the 3 tortillas
- Top with another tortilla
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and tortillas are crispy.