I was looking for a use for some Pillsbury Crescent Rolls I seemed to have an abundance of in my refrigerator from a recent coupon deal. So I took to my computer to see what I could come up with using items from my stockpile… Here’s a simple recipe using basic items most Couponistas have around the house or in their stockpile!
Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake
- Cake & filling
- 2 (8 oz. each) pkgs. refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll crescent dough and arrange on a jelly roll pan. Press crescent roll seams together and stretch to fit pan.
- Beat softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg & vanilla until smooth. Pour and spread over dough. Top with pie filling.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Mix powdered sugar and whipping cream until smooth and drizzle over coffee cake.