One of my all time favorite sweet treats are Ferrero Rocher hazelnut truffles. Ever since I was little and my Mom would buy them for herself and share them with me. Something about them, the delicate gold foil wrapper, the crunchy shell, and the creamy filling with a big hazelnut crunch in the center. Yeah, definitely my favorite. So when I was asked to think of a tasty popcorn ball recipe, I wanted to incorporate them to create this unique and delicious treat! See the recipe below!
Making these was actually not as difficult as I had imagined they would be, thanks to the Jolly Time Good Cook Popcorn Baller! Not only did I NOT burn my hands trying to form these perfect dessert orbs, but they all ended up very round and uniform!! Now that I know how easy it is to make popcorn balls, you can bet I will be making more fun recipes with these treats in the near future! Want to get your own Good Cook Popcorn Baller? You can score 25% off when you use coupon code POPCORN at checkout on GoodCook.com!
- 2 bags Jiffy Pop popped popcorn
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-6 Hazelnut Truffles – frozen (I used Ferrero Rocher)
- 1-2 bags of melting chocolate
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Place popcorn in a large baking pan or bowl
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 235° (soft-ball stage)
- Remove from the heat. Add the butter and vanilla; stir until butter is melted. Immediately pour over popcorn and stir until evenly coated.
- Fill the Good Cook popcorn baller halfway with popcorn mixture, then place a frozen hazelnut truffle in the center and fill the rest of the way with popcorn mixture and form ball.
- Cool popcorn balls in the fridge while melting the chocolate to get ready for dipping
- Dip the popcorn balls halfway in the melted chocolate (we used corn on the cob holders to hold the ball while dipping)
- Roll the chocolate side of the popcorn ball in the chopped hazelnuts to coat
Check out all of these other popcorn ball recipes!!