Have Fun with your Food: Octopus Sausages Recipe
Quick and easy transformation for sausage or hot dogs – makes eating fun for even the pickiest of eaters!
- 6 Hot Dogs (or 12 cocktail sausages)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Slice 1½ inch off of each end of your hot dogs
- Using a knife, make slits on the cut end of each sausage “stub” to form 6 legs. See visual via the link in the post.
- Heat oil in pan until hot
- Place sausages sideways in hot oil to fry, turning with tongs every 10 seconds or so – you will see the “legs” start to curl out when it is time to turn.
- Remove sausages from pan and place on paper towel to absorb excess oil
- Poke holes for eyes and cut a slit for mouth.
- Serve with a sea of ketchup and/or mustard