Today, I made the most amazingly delicious and surprisingly simple dessert – Pineapple Angel Food Cake!! It’s Weight Watchers friendly and takes only 2 ingredients to make!! Of course, I had to splurge a little and put some whipped cream and raspberries on top, but even by itself this dessert was so tasty! Since it only requires 2 ingredients to make, it’s inexpensive and quick. Makes for a great last-minute dessert! Everyone in the family loved it – I actually had seconds! Hey, since I am still nursing Selah, it’s safe to say I am still eating for two… right? This make such a great summertime dessert!
So if you are wondering how to whip up this super simple dessert, pay close attention! All you’ll need is a can of crushed pineapple (make sure it is in water or juice, NOT syrup) and a box of Angel Food Cake mix (the 1 step kind). I used Betty Crocker and it was less than $2.00 for the mix at my local grocery store. Combine those 2 ingredients together and bake! Yes, it REALLY is that simple!
I baked mine in 2 9×9 glass baking dishes, but you could also make these into cupcakes if you like! Each cupcake would be worth just 1 Weight Watchers point!
I have also heard that you can do this with sliced fresh strawberries (cut up with a little bit of sugar and water to create a bit of juice with the berries) what other variations can YOU think of for this delish dish? Comment below!
- 1 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple (in water or juice)
- 1 box of Angel Food Cake Mix
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Fresh Raspberries (optional)
- Combine crushed pineapple (do not drain) and angel food cake mix in bowl. Batter will be fluffy. Pour batter into baking vessel of choice – cupcake tin, square baking dish, springform pan – and bake according to the temperature and time on the cake mix box.
- After baking, let cool. Then cut and enjoy. You can top with whipped cream and fresh raspberries if you like! To keep the dessert Weight Watchers friendly, use fat free whipped cream.