Using the Couponista Planning Spreadsheet to help you plan your shopping trip can be a real time saver! Here’s a short tutorial on how to use this amazing tool. (Note: The Microsoft Excel spreadsheet download requires that you have Microsoft Excel 2007 or newer installed on to the device you are using.)
- Enter the product name in the “Item” column.
- Enter the amount you would like to purchase in the “Qty” column.
- Enter the cost of the item in the “Sale Price” column.
- Enter the amount of coupons you will be using for the items(s) in the “MQ Qty” column.
- Enter the value of the coupon being used in the “MQ Value” column.
- If you are doubling the coupon, Enter a “Y” in the “Doubled?” column.
- If you will not be doubling the coupon, Enter an “N” in the “Doubled?” column.
Repeat these steps for each item you would like to purchase. The spreadsheet has built in formulas that will automatically calculate the “Sale Price” and the price “You Pay.” This is very helpful if your store requires you to have a minimum purchase before coupons.
Another feature in the spreadsheet is the ability to calculate your “Savings %.” This is done when you enter the “Shelf Price” value in the appropriate column.
Please check out this quick screencast on how easy it is to use the Couponista Planning Spreadsheet.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.*