Recently, I was sent a cast iron bacon press from Good Cook, it was to go with my Sweet Chili & Avocado Stuffed Chicken Burger, but since we didn’t use any bacon on our burger, my husband and I decided on grilling up a Caprese BLT Sandwich instead! It was a quick and easy sandwich that was PERFECT for lunch! You will love it!
Check this recipe out and make it yourself!
Caprese BLT Sandwich
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 12 slices Italian bread
- Baby spinach
- 6 slices bacon or turkey bacon
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella or 6 oz sliced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoon jarred pesto
- Olive oil
- Prepare the pesto mayo by combining the Pesto and the Mayo. Stir and set aside in refrigerator.
- Slice the tomatoes and cheese as thin as possible.
- Preheat the grill or griddle over medium heat and brush the heating surface with olive oil.
- Grill the bacon using a press to insure that it is flat, and set aside.
- Turn the heat down to the lowest setting or remove the grill from the heat to avoid burning the oil.
- Build the sandwiches by first spreading both sides of the bread with the pesto mayo.
- Place the tomato slices on the bread followed by the spinach.
- Place the bacon on the greens and cover with the cheese and bread.
- Return the grill to the heat and grill two sandwiches at a time, pressing them with the same press used to flatten the bacon.
- Continue grilling the sandwiches about 3 minutes each side while brushing oil between each sandwich.